Friday, October 7, 2011

What happened to September? It was here a minute ago... Oh, well. Onward.

The progress on Angelkiller is heartening. With illustrations from Matt Perry and an able hand from my editor Amanda DeBord, it should be finalized and in print before the end of the year. Maybe in time for Christmas, who knows?

The September 2011 issue of parABnormal Digest went out, and so far the feedback has been good. Time will tell just how successful the PD experiment is, but it's looking like we have a hit.

I recently received the news that my short story Chasing the Key has been accepted for the upcoming Adventurers in Hell anthology from Perseid Press, latest volume in the Heroes in Hell series begun back in 1986. I look forward to writing for this series again. It should appear about the same time as the Call of Lovecraft anthology, which has my short story Shed, early next year.

Meanwhile, Dreams of Steam II: Brass and Bolts is now available from Kerlak Publishing. My short story The Real Magic is tucked therein. DoS2 is edited by Kimberly Richardson, who is a great steampunk author in her own right. If it wasn't for her advice and that of the inimitable Nick Valentino, I would never have figured out steampunk (at least, that's what I tell them).

Ongoing still are the final preparation for Clockwork Spells and Magical Bells, the Imagicopter anthology from Kerlak Publishing; Deity, the final novel in the Thran triad for Sam's Dot Publishing; Traitor Angel, the second novel for Seventh Star Press for the Angelkiller triad; and assorted stories for various venues.

I would like to pass along a bit of good news about my friends James and Marcia Miller, who had a new addition to the family just a few days ago: Lillian Marie. Congratulations!

That's it for now. Until next time, stay out of the basement and keep your stakes handy. Halloween's just around the corner.