Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer's Here and Writing's Heating Up

May is almost gone and with it the temperatures outside are rising. My writing has begun to pick up pace accordingly as the dreariness of the hard winter subsides. Beside the editing jobs I've assumed for Pro Se Press here in the US and Hermit Studios Press in Denmark, I have been working on my own writing. The manuscript for the first of the Velvet Wasp Cases has gone to the publisher for editing and final approval. I look forward to seeing that series start in August.

I received acceptance for my story Stolen Thunder for Dark Oak's Realms of Imagination anthology (Kimberly Richardson, editor). This is a reprint. It originally appeared on the web back in 2003. I'm glad it will see actual print and that DOP thought it deserved to be presented to their readership.

Two original stories, No More Running and A Last Riddle, will be appearing in the upcoming Rat-a-Tat: Short Bursts of Pulp anthology from Pro Se Press. I expect it to appear before fall.

Lastly for now, my story The Price of Immortality, another reprint, will appear in the November issue of Bloodbond from Alban Lake Press. This is one of my rare vampire stories, so don't miss it. I don't write vampire fiction that often... well, practically never.

J. Alan Erwine's Nomadic Delirium Press has finally released the 2014 issue of The Martian Wave science fiction magazine for pre-order. It contains my story Object in the Sand. Pick up a copy when you get a chance.

I invite all of you to take some time to yourselves this summer and enjoy life. If you can, get away and relax. If you can't bring yourself to detach from the clocks and iPhones, then at least look up once in a while and realize there's more to life than computer screens, email, and texting.

Meanwhile, I'll be heading to Hypericon 9 in Nashville, TN. I intend to have fun while I'm there, just FYI.

That's all for now. Remember to stay low and keep your powder dry.