Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New Kickstarter and Update

I urge everyone to support this new Kickstarter for an anthology which features one of my stories, Ned and the Tomatoes.


This is one of several pieces I anticipate should come out this year. The long-delayed Velvet Wasp detective series should be out from Pro Se Press and Below Tennessee should appear in an anthology from Charon Coin Press sometime this year. I continue to work on a story for Sean Taylor's upcoming Rock'n'Roll anthology and the last novel of the Thran series for Alban Lake Publishing, Deity.

Those are all projects I committed to before making the decision to stop writing specifically for publication. I have decided that any writing I do from now on will be for my own amusement or as experimentation in different genres. I have enough to do with that and the editing projects for three different houses to keep me busy.

I want to thank my past publishers for their support and encouragement, but the return on my heavy investment in writing and promotion was too small to continue to pursue. 

I am excited about the project I am heading up for Alban Lake Publishing, the new Lovecraftian anthology Miskatonic Dreams. The first anthology we did in the Lovecraft vein, The Idolaters of Cthulhu, was a resounding success for the house and featured some wonderful writing by several very talented authors. I'm looking forward to getting stories of that or better quality for Miskatonic Dreams.

As a parting shot for this month's blog, I urge you to look up the current work by Herika R. Raymer. You won't be disappointed. Her story Coins for the Dead is a remarkable and brilliant piece.
That's all for now. Til next time, stay low and keep your powder dry!